COURSE # MGM-225
IMPLEMENTING ISO 9000 IN YOUR ORGANIZATION AND QS 9000
ISO 9000 is becoming the international standard for commerce. This course provides an outstanding opportunity to survey its merits, requirements and implementation procedures.
The ISO 9000 standards series is the standard requirement for international and domestic trade. It has been a major catalyst in the universal upgrading of organization quality and operations systems throughout the world. This ISO 9000 Seminar offers you and your organization opportunities to develop and expand your quest for quality on an international basis. This seminar will show you a registration action plan which has proven effective for many companies. It will show you how to develop management program documentation consistent with the ISO 9000 standards. This seminar will also discuss QS 9000, which has an important role in the future development of the standards.
Applications and benefits:
You will benefit by enhancing your understanding of the :
- The 10-step plan to achieve ISO 9000 registration.
- ISO 9000 management process and how it will upgrade company performance.
- "QS 9000", an industry specific application of ISO 9000.
- The competitive advantage of the ISO 9000 process.
- How to make the audit process effective and simple.
- How ISO 9000 can be adapted to service companies and to software producing organizations.
Who should attend:
This seminar will provide useful information for those who are responsible for or involved in implementation of ISO 9000. This course would be relevant for general managers, plant managers, managers who are concerned with practical application, Quality Control/Quality Assurance managers, engineering supervisors, members of the ISO team, production supervisors, process engineers, and purchasing and sales managers.
- The Background of the ISO 9000 Series requirements
- Global competition
- Universally recognized standards
- Objectives and goals of ISO 9000
- How to avoid the pitfalls
- What's new in the latest released version
- The benefits of certification
- What is the Structure of the ISO 9000 Series?
- Selecting the right standard
- Team work, organization and management involved
- A Proven Ten-Step Process to Achieve Registration
- Educate and organize
- Review the current status of your system
- What needs to be done
- Set up the action plan
- Develop and define policies and procedures
- Compile the Quality Manual
- Meet with the third party assessors
- Final self evaluation
- Teamwork and Management Involvement: The Key to ISO
- Membership of the ISO teams
- Time required
- Skills required
- Cost involved
- Management Responsibility
- Continuous improvement
- Measurable goals and accomplishment
- Time and Resource Planning
- Write the policy
- Identify the procedures needed
- Write the procedures
- Write the audit plan
- Test the procedures
- Training the Implementation Teams
- Site team training
- Auditor training
- Writing skills
- Write a policy
- Write a procedure
- Review the Standards
- A detailed review of the standards with emphasis on the new requirements
- Guidance standards
- Contractual standards
- Case Studies
- Lessons learned from actual cases
- Sample policies for selected section of the standard
- Avoiding the Rocks and Shoals
- Design Control
- Quality by design vs. quality by inspection
- Design reviews
- Document Control
- Simple policy and procedure preparation
- How to meet this key to compliance
- Supplier selection
- Using compliant suppliers
- Material acceptance
- Inspection and Testing
- Process Control
- "Five Yes Method"
- Overview of Internal Auditing
- Preparing the audit plan
- Audit reporting and follow-up
- Selecting the Registrar
- The role of a consultant and the registrar
- Selection criteria
- Selection process
- Long term relationship
- The Training Plan
- Needs assessment
- Training plan
- Training performance
- The Importance and Use of Quality Records
- Identify the records
- Record retention
- Record retrieval
- Post-assessment Actions That Keep the Certificate in Good Standing
About the Instructor
Don Ekvall is President of Management Systems Analysis, Inc., and has more than 40 years of industrial experience in the field of quality and manufacturing management. He has worked with senior management, implementing ISO-9000 Management systems in support of Total Quality Management, Process Management, Project Management and ISO 14000, and other continuous improvement concepts. Mr. Ekvall has been a United Nations consultant on several international posts. He is the author of Section 9, "Manufacturing Planning for Quality", of the third edition of the Quality Control Handbook, Joseph M. Juran, editor. He is a Fellow ASQC, and ASQC Certified Quality and Reliability Engineer and a registered Professional Quality Engineer.
Mr. Ekvall holds a BSEE from the Moore School of Electrical Engineering, and an MBA in Industrial Management from the Wharton School, both of the University of Pennsylvania.
Course: MGM-225 Duration: 3 Days FEE: $1,499 CEUs: 2.16
Please direct any additional inquiries regarding this course to Anita Hellstrom, Program Coordinator, by e-mail, FAX: (240) 371-4488 or TELEPHONE: (202) 241-6326.
Call toll free 1-800-683-7267 from anywhere in the Continental U.S. or CANADA.
Last modified November 11, 2011.